Idea: Create a GIS Model that will search properties based on Parcel properties (acreage, proximity), Zoning, Wetlands, Future Land Use.This would be both a good way to learn how to build models and a good example to show in a brown bag.
The boys are playing this morning so I was watching more coverage of the Pope. It is amazing the cross-religion respect that he has engendered. I wonder if President Bush will attend the funeral. It would be unprecidented, but would be appropriate, especially considering to close ties between John Paul II and the Reagan Administraion in their fight against communism. President Bush called him a:
"faithful servant of God and a champion of faith, freedom and dignity"today in his Saturday morning radio address.
I remember distinctly being a small child at St. Joseph's and sitting in a classroom watching a TV on an AV cart show the traditional picture of the chimeny smoke signifying his election to supreme Pontiff. John Paul II was a Pope on a mission. I think he had two real goals of which one wasaccomplished and the other was set into steady motion:
- He new from his personal experience with it in his native Poland that Communism was inherently both evil and an unnatural state for a human society. Through both his appearances there and his forcing the building of the cathedral there, he showed all the people trapped in communist countries that they had real power and that the State could not truly kill human nature en masse. This not only what he called the inevitable fall of communism, but also set him as a true world leader in a secular sense of the word, hopefully the new Pope will realize and use the geopolitical momentum that John Paul II gave him.
- He recognized the fractured nature of various religions, christian and otherwise. He was the first to stop trying to evangelize, but instead to pro-actively seek common ground fwith them for building a better world. It will take all religions working together to fight the secularism this world is sinking into. The in-fighting must stop and together we must realize that it is our religious, moral, and ethical principles that must be used to guide our decisions even political ones. Here in the United States we mis-interpret the Constitution's true intent for the separation of church and state. The intent was to prevent the government from squashing religion, but that's exactly what isbeing done through that very provision.
I've been sitting here all night working and watching the coverage on FOX of this story, it saddens me to see his passing. As both a Catholic and a human being, he was a good man.
As an aside...It is my hope that an American is not elected is not elected as the supreme Pontiff. It seems to me that even the Priests of our country are too infected with the self-gratifying search for approval and self-justification that permeates today's United States.
OK, I'm having a little schitzo-dilema do I continue this blog anonymously or do I stay just brutally honest and risk getting it found... I just don't know.
To be of maximum use this has to stay honest. To that end, I'll continue in this format until something further develops. What this does do though is prevent me from integrating my blog with our wiki or other work-related information sources.
Well, I signed up...don't know how much I'll use it..LD costs...
1 - 6 6 1- 7 1 6 - B L O G
Alright, now all you have to do is call that number to make FREE audio posts to your blog.
1. Call the number
(Listen very carefully to the Voice Prompts)
2. Enter your Primary Number
3. Enter your PIN, press #
4. Record your post, Press #
5. Press 1 to post, 2 to review, 3 to re-record.
6. Check your site!
Worked on GIS Business Plan with Bryan. Need to develop a marketing plan component. GIS training for exixsting PMs will be key component. IT is through supporting them that new lines of work and client leads will be revealed. GIS must become an integrated transparent problem solving tool for them, much like CAD or spreadsheets. IT must become integrated to provide the enterprisewide linkage from marketing exhibits to ERP planning to project mapping to client parcel identification.